With many customizable options to meet your needs, the FTW transcriber has far superior sound quality as well as feature rich settings. Plus you can test it out for 30 days FREE!Download Now!
Welcome to the FTW Transcriber.
The FTW Transcriber is transcription software that offers great time-saving features like automatic timestamps and superior sound quality, plus much more. Look at the list of features below, then try it FREE!
- enhanced audio quality
- automatic adding of timestamps and frames – huge time-saver! (optional)
- saves different timestamp and hotkey settings for different clients
- enables you to send timestamp/hotkey settings to other transcribers to ensure consistent house style
- plays huge range of file types (now including dss/ds2)
- compatible with ALL word processors!
- timestamp formatting – add them in the format of your choice
- start timestamps from any timecode, not just 00:00:00
- hotkeys for common transcription phrases like “overtalking” or “unclear”
- plays video files (mpeg, wmv, flv, etc) with visuals displayed
- plays files either on your local drive or on remote servers without downloading first!
- local files play instantly – no wait for loading (except dss/ds2)
- balance and speed adjuster
- can be controlled with hotkeys or pedals
- pedal switch ff/rew
- Friendly and prompt support, at no charge, permanently!
NEW: Try the FTW Transcriber on your Android smartphone or tablet, and transcribe anywhere, not just at your desktop! For more information, click here.
Most recent updates:
November 24 2014
3.4 – huge variety of timestamping options added; new “configuration” feature allows user to save different timestamp and hotkey settings for different clients, and even email them to other transcribers; Playlist feature allows multiple audio files to be open; pedal switch ff/rew added.
October 13 2014
3.1 – more timestamping options; RX button – when pressed, audio repeats last phrase; PX button – when pressed, audio plays a phrase then stops; Playpoint saves on powercut or if PC auto-powers off; more precision with automatic timestamping
March 20 2014
2.7 – newer versions of ds2 can now be played, FTWT opens in full even if you open it offline (provided you opened it online max 7 days ago), plus various other bug fixes
Nov 6 2013
2.6.5 – hotkeys can be disabled, more timestamp options, various other fixes
June 20 2013
2.6.4 – timestamps now insert into any application
June 1 2013
2.6.3 – bug fix – option to delay insertion of timestamps by 5 seconds fixed.
May 23 2013
2.6.2 – addition of the ability to add frames along with timestamps
March 13 2013
2.6.1 – bug fix – issue with download button fixed.
March 3 2013
2.6 – conversion of wma files added to obviate issue in Windows Media Player which occasionally plays them imperfectly.
February 24 2013
2.5 – Application now plays dss and ds2 files.